Sausage and Cheese Stuffed EggplantWe take eggplant to the next level with zesty Italian sausage, Upstate Farms® Cottage Cheese, Colby-Jack, garlic, and breadcrumbs, then bake it and finish with sweet marinara sauce.
4 cups Upstate Farms® Cottage Cheese
3 lbs. uncooked bulk Italian sausage
1 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
5 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
8 large eggplants, peeled and sliced into 8 equal pieces lengthwise
4 cups sweet marinara sauce, warmed
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Upstate Farms® Cottage Cheese, Italian sausage, Colby-Jack cheese, garlic, and breadcrumbs. Mix by hand while seasoning with salt and pepper.
3. On a lined cooking sheet, top 4 pieces of eggplant with stuffing mixture, ensuring to spread it evenly across the surface of the eggplant. Place remaining pieces of eggplant on top.
4. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until stuffing mixture reaches an internal temp of 165° Fahrenheit.
5. Top each stuffed eggplant with sweet marinara sauce.