Lemon & Yogurt Pound CakeBreakfast just got a lot better with a comforting pound cake made with honey, lemon juice, and Upstate Farms® Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt with a creamy yogurt based glaze.
Serves: 10 to 12
2 cups Upstate Farms® Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt, divided
1 stick unsalted butter
3 cups cake flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 cups confectioners sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare a cake pan with nonstick spray.
3. In a mixer with a whisk attachment, cream the butter and sugar. Add 1 cup Upstate Farms® Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt.
4. Then add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and lemon juice and one egg at a time.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Cover with foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest before unmolding.
7. For the glaze: whisk together the remaining yogurt with the confectioners sugar and glaze the cake.