Get warmed up with this thick and hearty meal made up of northern white beans, chicken breast, garlic, onions, and cumin, and then thickened with Upstate Farms® Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt for a touch of tartness.Serves: 4
3 Cups Upstate Farms® Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, minced
28 oz. chicken stock
1 can green chilies, chopped
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
30 oz. great white northern beans, drained
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook chicken and onion in oil until lightly browned.
2. Add garlic, cooking for 1 minute, then stir in the stock, chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne and bring to a simmer.
3. Reduce heat to low. With a potato masher, mash 16 oz. of beans until smooth and add to pot.
4. Slowly stir in Upstate Farms® Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt until well blended.
5. Add remaining beans to saucepan and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender and serve with cheese.