Fresh pita is filled with yogurt infused falafel, shredded carrots, sliced red radishes, shredded lettuce and lemony, curried yogurt sauce made with Upstate Farms® Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt.Serves: 10
2 cups Upstate Farms® Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt
2 cups instant falafel mix
1 1/4 cups water
2 cups cooking oil
4 tbsp. curry powder
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 cup lemon juice
5 fresh pita, cut in half and opened
1 1/2 cups shredded romaine
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup sliced radishes
1. Mix 1/2 cup Upstate Farms® Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt with falafel mix and water. Stir well and let rest for 15 minutes.
2. Shape into 1 inch ball and fry until crispy, about 3 minutes.
3. Drain on paper towel.
4. Toast the curry powder in a hot pan for 2 minutes, moving vigorously to avoid burning.
5. Whisk spices and lemon juice into the remaining Upstate Farms® Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt.
6. Fill each pita with romaine, 3 falafels, carrots, radishes and curried yogurt sauce.