Tender juicy chicken breast is stuffed with spinach, shallots, and Upstate Farms® Cottage Cheese, then baked and finished with a lemon butter reduction.Serves: 10
5 cups Upstate Farms® Cottage Cheese
4 cups frozen spinach, thawed
3/4 cup shallots, minced
10 large chicken breasts, trimmed, tenderized, and split in half
1 cup olive oil
5 cups chicken stock
12 tbsp. unsalted butter
7 lemons, cut in half and juiced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine Upstate Farms® Cottage Cheese, spinach, and shallots. Season mixture with salt and pepper to taste while blending.
3. Place about 1 cup of stuffing mixture on one side of chicken breast lobe, and then fold over opposite lobe on top to “sandwich” stuffing between each side. Season exterior of stuffed breasts with salt and pepper.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil to smoking point. Brown each side of stuffed chicken breasts, and then transfer chicken to cooking sheet and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until internal stuffing has reached 165° Fahrenheit.
5. In a medium sauté pan, bring chicken stock to a simmer, stir in butter and lemon juice, and reduce for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then ladle over chicken breast.